2014 IACAT Summit
The International Association for Computerized Adaptive Testing (IACAT) has teamed with Educational Testing Service in Princeton, NJ from Wednesday 8 October to Friday 10 October 2014 to create another premier summit on the latest Adaptive Testing research available.
Host a Future Conference
IACAT welcomes proposals from organizations to host a future conference. The host of the 2015 conference will be announced during the 2014 conference. The host is supported by the IACAT conference committee through the planning of the conference. For further information, visit our website (http://iacat.org) and fill in our conference planning form. For further information, please contact us directly (email@example.com).
IACAT has made available funding for a few student travel grants. To apply, students should:
- Submit a proposal by June 30 following the standard procedure.
- Students in the US and Canada are eligible for a $500 award. Students elsewhere are eligible for a $1000 award. Up to five travel grants are available, only one per student.
- All proposals will be reviewed blindly and rated. Identify your submission as a student submission separately by writing to Zydrune Mladineo (firstname.lastname@example.org), and providing the name and e-mail address of your advisor.
- The accepted proposals submitted by students will be ranked separately to determine the award winners.
- Funds will be disbursed by IACAT after the student presents the paper at the conference
IACAT Early Career Researcher Award
Application deadline: 15 June 2014
The IACAT Early Career Researcher Award is a prestigious award intended for young scholars with an interest in computerized adaptive testing (CAT) and who have obtained at least a Master’s degree or are in an advanced stage towards completing it. The main aim of the award is to encourage research in CAT. The recipient will receive a medal from the sponsor, EPEC Pty Ltd, (www.epecat.com) as well as a grant to help enable the recipient to attend the IACAT conference. The recipient will be invited to present a paper during a session at the IACAT conference.
To nominate a candidate, submit the following to Prof John Barnard (John@EPECat.com) before 15 June 2014:
- A recommendation letter from the nominator and a detailed curriculum vitae of the nominee with special reference to CAT
- An abstract of up to 500 words on a topic in the field of CAT intended to be submitted for the invited address at the IACAT conference
- The recipient will be notified by 30 July 2014 and needs to confirm acceptance by 15 August 2014
- The recipient will make their own travel arrangements and confirm their invited plenary address at the conference